Best Calf Tattoo Design Ideas for Men and Women
This article is going to talk about something about calf tattoos. If you are looking for some designs on the calf, you can check them up in this blog. 90% people love them. Or if you want to know something about the pain or benefits of calf tattoos, keep on reading. I am going to tell you about them in four parts:
- The introduction of calf tattoo designs
- Calf tattoo designs for different genders
- Benefits of calf tattoos
- Disadvantages of calf tattoos
Calf tattoo design of @noiiaberlin via Instagram
Introduction of Calf Tattoo Designs
One of the most popular forms of tattoos is the calf tattoo, which is popular with men, women, girls and boys. Not only does the calf provide an excellent backdrop for large tattoos with broad strokes; but it is also a perfect place for those who wish to be able to camouflage their works of body art for professional or other reasons. All they need to do is wear a piece of clothing that covers their legs and the calf tattoo design will be invisible during interviews or business meetings. On the other hand, on the beach or in the evening, more discovered outfits will allow you to show it again to the whole world.
Calf tattoo design of @cbtattoo via Instagram
The thickness of the skin on this part of the body helps make the tattoo itself less painful than if it were placed on a place closer to the bones, such as the hips, wrists, ribs and lower back. . All of these factors make calf tattoo designs a very good option for beginners who are considering getting a tattoo for the first time.
Calf tattoo design of @siminamina via Instagram
Calf Tattoo Designs for Different Genders
The first distinction to be discussed here is that of gender. Although other areas are very unisex and both men and women choose it to wear their calf tattoo designs, we should point out that the calf is an area that is almost always chosen by men and rarely by women. This is not the case with the leg area, as both men and women choose it to represent different patterns.
As we are talking about different areas, the calf and the leg, we will focus first on the calf and later on the leg.
Calf tattoo design of @jimmycranshaw via Instagram
We have already mentioned that it is men who usually choose the calf to wear different designs. We can see a very original calf tattoo design, more and more printed, because some men choose to have identical designs tattooed on each calf (like two skulls or complementary designs, like a sun and a moon). It is an inconspicuous area if you wear winter clothes, but you have to be aware of the fact that in summer, or when it is hot, if you wear short pants, the calf tattoo designs are visible. Because it is a very visible area that attracts a lot of attention.
Calf tattoo design of @kaipo8775 via Instagram
This is a suitable place for medium or small-sized drawings, depending on the dimensions of the calf, and suitable for both colored calf tattoos and those done in black ink. Tribal designs are also very present on this area… I would recommend the three-dimensional designs because it is an area that really catches the eye. If we include a hyper-realistic rendering like that of three-dimensional images, the result can have even more impact.
Calf tattoo design of @stagelefttattoo via Instagram
MORE YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Both men and women opt for tattoos located on the leg. The calf tattoo designs that are usually printed on this area of the body are often large in size. The edges often give a good result in this part of the body, because the dimensions correspond to the place and the result is very natural. Warriors, animals, oriental designs, and flowery designs are some of the most common designs that can be seen on this area of the body.
Both the leg and the calves are good areas to get tattoos of various designs of rather medium dimensions. This is an area that is only visible in summer or when it is hot, if you dress in short clothes. It is also an area that attracts attention. So I will repeat my advice for these two areas: for the calf, a three-dimensional drawing and in the case of the leg, a biomechanical drawing, because calf tattoo designs also give a result with a nice impact.
Calf tattoo design of @yobynthesprout via Instagram
Benefits of Calf Tattoos
If you are considering getting a calf tattoo, knowing the benefits of this kind of tattoo can help you take the plunge. Well, the good news is that the calf has a lot of benefits… So here are some of the highlights to expect from tattoos placed on this area:
- Large variety of calf tattoo designs - This is one of the great advantages of calves. Thanks to this, you will always find a beautiful design to print on it. You can even create your own composition and have your professional tattoo artist reproduce a calf tattoo design on your body.
Calf tattoo design of @f_passalacqua_tattoo_portfolio via Instagram
- Elegant rendering - Know that wearing one of these calf tattoo designs can give you a really elegant touch in the eyes of others. And this, mainly, thanks to the great variety of sophisticated designs existing for this area of the body.
- Confidence booster - If you know exactly what you want and acquire a stylish, beautifully drawn calf tattoo design, this one will definitely reflect who you are. This is why you will have more confidence in yourself and will be able to show yourself as you are to those around you.
- More sex appeal - As the calf is a symbol of virility, you will certainly become a sex symbol in the eyes of the many women around you. This kind of calf tattoo design is probably something that you will love, if you are a man.
Calf tattoo design of @queenofsteel_piercingandtattoo via Instagram
Disadvantages of Calf Tattoos
Along with the incredible advantages this type of place can offer you, there are a few drawbacks that are best to remember. This little list will help you decide whether or not you want to get a calf tattoo:
- A place sometimes very painful - One of the biggest disadvantages of calf tattoos is that they can sometimes be really very painful. If the design only covers the main part of the calf it won't, but if it covers the entire area and extends further, expect it to be more painful. This is due to the fact that the leg, where the calf is located, is a bony place.
Calf tattoo design of @razo_tattoo via Instagram
- A more expensive place - As the calf tattoo design that is usually placed on the calves looks quite sophisticated, you will need to consult a great tattoo expert. There is no room for error because the smallest of them (in terms of proportions for example) would irreparably destroy the elegance of the pattern. This is why this type of printing requires skill, time and labor, which makes it more expensive.
Calf tattoo design of @himera.oh via Instagram